» »

connecting own dialling router to siol adsl

connecting own dialling router to siol adsl

enis ::

Hi all :)
I have a dialling router and switch who is ment to connect to adsl.
Assuming that I dont want to use adsl modem they provided me boundled to their offer (the only option I have is to plug it directly to the router's switch and this will expose all my network to the evil world, while I have only 1 eth card on my server), is there anyone who managed to connect own adsl dialling router to siol adsl? how?

Seems that nobody neither in siol nor in telekom was aknoledged or allowed to give me correct information to set up my router.
Probably it is a secret and I think that also cia is involved on their network devices configuration .....

Thanks in advance :))

DSmidgy ::

I don't know if you are joking or not but:
dialling router is probably not the same as adsl modem. Type in to the google your dialling router's product name and see if it supports ADSL protocol. Maby you have a router for ordinary telephone?

Of course they don't want to give you the information because the type of product you have hasn't been tested in their network and it can couse unstability in the network. Probably there are other things also ...

Zgodovina sprememb…

• spremenil: DSmidgy ()

....ehm..... not, I am not joking.
My router is ment to merge adsl with lan. I am sure this router is suitable to attestate to adsl by plugging it in a normal telephone plug: I was already using it.
here it is my product : http://www.3com.com/prod/en_EU_EMEA/det...

ddeben ::

If i got this right, you want to use this router instead of the modem that siol gave you? In no possible way you can't use this router as a modem that siol gave you.

Nevem tocn kaj ta tip hoce...:)

DSmidgy ::

He could use it, because it's ADSL modem, switch and wireless all in one. It would probably work if SiOL would allow it.

They might have a policy how users get connected (modem installations, etc.) and they don't want to change it for one user. They lend you the modem and if you have a bad connection or something maby they increase the power level and other stuff to make it work. And they can't open your modem and they can't tell you to buy a new one every now and then.

You'll probably have to buy a new router (or better a second NIC for the server). 2nd NIC on a server is a much better solution because cheap routers freeze on heavy (and maby moderate) trafic. It'a s shame, because this one is 3com and is probably much better then the cappy cheap ones.

I agree, it is a shame that after I was forced to subscribe a totally unnecessary isdn contract I find myself with a 3com router that I can not use and I am forced to use this bog they gave me.
I am trying and hack into this modem and see what is their configuration and wheter I can reproduce it on my 3com.
Any hint about it?

borchi ::

depends on the modem they gave you. they used to have a batch of calisto(sp?) modems which password was posted on some public forums. you could then telnet to modem and change all sorts of things. use this forums search to find out more on this. but i guess you are not very good in slovene?

anyway, welcome to slovenia's telekom-isdn-adsl-joke.
l'jga

No, I am not good in slovene at all :|
Anyway I'll try and find it out: I was already making a small brute forcing script to get this f.......k.g password out from this bloody modem.
I am really pissed off by this thing and if I knew that to connect with adsl take so much I'd rather subscribe for adsl in austia or in italy or in romania and cable from the border to ljubljana: it would be easier.
I really dont know why they use to hide such simple informations that isp from other countries use to write in their website.
Anyway thank you for your welcome and for useful infoz :))

bosstjann ::

wich info do you need

wich thinks you need to write in your router we can accest the modem calisto and read same info if that would help

lp boštjan

Thanks a lot for your help.
I already managed to get into this modem, now I am trying and figure out some things. I think that tonight I'll be able to set up this network.
Thanks a lot to all .
If people on telekom and siol was skilled and prepared as you are I wouldn't need to bug you, but unfortunatelly they are just able to sell and .... 'for assistance ask on irc' :))
I hope the quality of connection won't be levelled to the standard of the service.

Vredno ogleda ...

TemaSporočilaOglediZadnje sporočilo
TemaSporočilaOglediZadnje sporočilo
»

TL-MR3040 Prenosni usmerjevalnik

Oddelek: Omrežja in internet
71148 (800) MajorM
»

Violation of Privacy by DURS

Oddelek: Loža
193867 (2731) Bankey
»

Nov članek: "All your firmware are belong to us" (strani: 1 2 3 )

Oddelek: Novice / Nova vsebina
13816011 (12851) arrigo
»

Geslo za Ganymede 822+ iz Volje

Oddelek: Omrežja in internet
266668 (4281) Tilen
»

A kdo ve kako v Linuxu skonfigurirat zunanjo mrežo

Oddelek: Operacijski sistemi
161503 (1302) Yohan del Sud

Več podobnih tem