» »

Telemach highest rank modem has worst chipset

Telemach highest rank modem has worst chipset

OmarVector ::

Hi everyone, sorry for writing in english... still learning slovene.. and I'm still too far to express myself in slovene yet

Short Story, NE1611 Modems that shipped to users with 1Gbit internet have intel Puma 6 chipset... and it has a hardware defect that cause huge spike in latency for any realtime applications.
More Details

Long story: I'm trying to buy decent modem that has better chipset, however, as far as I'm concern i'm limited with modems that are being supported by Telemach itself.

internet surfing is quite laggy, funny that when I was using 100Mbit from different provider at work, I was going through internet like exploring any local files.... but with the current 1Gbit connection .. there is lags spikes when I'm loading a webpage or opening HD youtube video....however the internet download speed itself still great without any issue when using IDM.

I called them asking what would be their recommendation for any other modem I could buy online... and they keep telling me that the current modem I've is the highest rank modem and I could not get anyone better.... Which of course not true.... I tried to explain the problem .. but he kept telling me NO, there none, you have the best modem... your only option is to buy a router and make the modem as bridge.

Later, I tried to login on modem using admin account... I found that device mode is Locked and it's set to Router mode, and I cant change it from Router to Bridge/Modem..... and now I'm not sure what should be done.... There are many modems that support DOCIS 3/3.1 with Coxial that feature decent latency... but I'm afraid to buy a new one ... beside, I cant buy any decent router Like ROG Rapture GT-AXE16000 bec it would be still throttle by the modem.

Does anyone successfully able to get different modem for Telemach ISP than the one they provide?

Hvala

psychoshorty ::

Hey,

is there really any performance impact, if wou would put this modem into the bridge mode? This must be done from the Telemach side, but this should not be a problem. Your only option would be to ask them if they can switch this shitbox of theirs into the bridge mode and you would have to test this with your own router ofc.

They will not allow you to use any other modems in their network.

Daniel ::

Just call them that you want bridge mode in use your own router behind. It should be better.

Vredno ogleda ...

TemaSporočilaOglediZadnje sporočilo
TemaSporočilaOglediZadnje sporočilo
»

nigerijci še vedno harajo po bolhi

Oddelek: Loža
247550 (6475) sarma832
»

TL-MR3040 Prenosni usmerjevalnik

Oddelek: Omrežja in internet
71205 (857) MajorM
»

Nov članek: "All your firmware are belong to us" (strani: 1 2 3 )

Oddelek: Novice / Nova vsebina
13816499 (13339) arrigo
»

Geslo za Ganymede 822+ iz Volje

266759 (4372) Tilen
»

connecting own dialling router to siol adsl

92243 (2139) enis

Več podobnih tem