Full-stack developer for Sentinel Hub @ Sinergise d.o.o
- objavljeno ::
Opis delovnega mesta
Join our team and help us getting peta-bytes of satellite imagery in the hands (and eyes and minds) of hundreds of thousands of people around the world, so that we raise the awareness of the beauty of our Planet before it is too late!
We are looking for full-stack developers, who do not mind getting their hands dirty with a combination of (mostly) back-end, (some) front-end and (a bit of) DevOps. Sentinel Hub is a world-renowned service for distribution of satellite data, processing hundreds of millions of requests on 20PB+ archive every month. The system is proportionally complex, based on micro-services spawn over tens (sometimes thousands) of virtual machines running on AWS and four other clouds.
Young minds with some actual working experience would fit best in our team. Geeks who appreciate a challenge of writing a code so that it really works, at scale, are super welcome.
The back-end of Sentinel Hub is implemented in Java, front-end in React. We use a modern approach to software development although we do not run after every new shiny thing.
- design and develop RESTful APIs and other web services,
- integrate these with utility client apps,
- conduct code reviews,
- write automated tests,
- write technical documentation (APIs are used by thousands of developers around the world).
- Java 11 for the backend (JAX-RS, CDI, Jackson),
- PostgreSQL for database (vast majority of data is on S3, but some meta-data are essential)
- Git/GitLab for code versioning and code reviews,
- JUnit for unit and integration tests,
- Gradle for automated builds,
- Docker for containerisation,
- Jenkins for CI,
- ReactJS for web apps (Sentinel Hub is about APIs but there are some apps to help users).
Od kandidatov zahtevamo
(as we are also looking for young developers, we do not really expect you to have all these skills already; the first and the last are a must, the rest is probably more a description of what a person should learn by working with us),
- actual working experience in SW development, e.g. 1-2 years,
- good understanding of software architecture, data structures, and algorithms,
- comfortable with professional software engineering best practices,
- understanding of OOP and enterprise design patterns,
- experience with REST / stateless API design and microservices architectural style,
- passion for quality and an optimal user experience,
- drive to really understand what is going on.
- autonomy: working in self-organizing teams allows people to shape their work in a way that enables them to perform to the best of their abilities
- continuous learning and development opportunities: our team consist of experts in geospatial back-end, cloud infrastructure, database administration and management as well as computer vision
- inclusive and homely environment: we value the well being of our people; we have beautifully designed offices in Ljubljana, Slovenia, for times when life will go back to normal (and we traditionally serve Nutella pancakes on Mondays)
- work-life balance: we value your motivation and well-being more than your presence in the office, therefore we are no strangers to occasional work-from-home; more so, in life of the current ongoing conditions, we have learned that we also work together remotely very well
- self-fulfilment: besides working on products used by millions of users, you also get the opportunity to do something good and amazing for society.
We believe we can only bring value to our clients, if we are committed to creating a world-class work environment for our employees, one that extends beyond competitive salaries, benefits and perks. You are welcome to read through our Operational Handbook to learn more about how we work and what it is like to a part of our team https://gitext.sinergise.com/operations/handbook
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Klasifikacija delovnega mesta
- 2040 - 6450 (find our salary policy and levels here: https://gitext.sinergise.com/operations/handbook/-/wikis/salary/Salary-Policy) EUR / mesec
- Delovni čas:
- redna zaposlitev
Sinergise is a Slovenian IT company with extensive expertise in developing advanced geospatial information systems based on cloud and web technology, focusing to fields where it is creating the highest impact:
- Earth Observation, making it easy for individuals, institutions and value-adders to get actionable insights in what is happening with our Planet;
- IT processes in Agriculture, ensuring more efficient use of the resources while ensuring sustainability of the ecosystem;
- Land Administration processes, which are essential for transparency of the government and economic growth.
Since our establishment in 2008, we have successfully completed several country-scale projects in Europe and Africa. Using these experiences, we developed and launched Sentinel Hub, an award-winning satellite imagery service, which powers Earth observation applications world-wide. We process hundreds of millions of requests every month, crunching close to 50 PB of data coming from Sentinel, Landsat, Planet, Pleiades, WorldView and other satellites. Our team consist of experts who are highly skilled in software development, geospatial informatics and machine learning. Our technology and expertise in the development of high-quality software applications enables us to create solutions that not only meet but exceed the needs and expectations of our clients.
Zakaj bi želel delati za vas
Our world is constantly changing and the effects of our fast paced life are ever more apparent. There is a large demand for the continuous monitoring of the ecosystem changes at a large scale. Our mission is to ensure the most effective use of geospatial data for the benefit of society. We can accomplish this by bringing together great individuals who believe in what they do.
We believe that great teams are built on common goals, vision and shared values, and we believe we can only bring value to our clients, if we are also committed to creating a world-class work environment for our employees, that extends beyond competitive salaries, benefits and perks.
We strive to be as transparent as possible, therefore we invite you to read our Operational Handbook and get an insight into how we operate and what it's like to be a part of our team: https://gitext.sinergise.com/operations/handbook
The Handbook is a living entity and a result of the effort to document some of our core processes. The purpose of the Handbook is not to cement these processes but rather to serve as a foundation for continuous improvement.
- Uporabljamo programsko opremo za nadzor izvorne kode (source control)
- Uporabljamo rešitev za spremljanje baze napak (bug database)
- Uporabljamo najboljša orodja, ki se jih dobi na trgu
- Obstaja terminski načrt razvoja
- Programiramo skladno s pisno specifikacijo
- Napake odpravimo pred pisanjem nove kode
- Unit testing
- Zaposleni imajo mirno delovno okolje
- Iskalci zaposlitve na intervjujih programirajo
- Zaposlenim zagotavljamo prostor za malice
- Zaposlenim nudimo sprostitvene aktivnosti zunaj delovnega časa
- Zaposlenim zagotavljamo parkirno mesto