Senior Backend Engineer -- brisan oglas
- objavljeno ::
Opis delovnega mesta
Databox, a fast-growing SaaS company that helps other companies monitor and improve their business performance, is looking for an experienced Senior Backend Engineer.
Our Product and Engineering team has over 35 members with extensive experience in UI/UX design, frontend/mobile/backend development, product growth, and analytics. Our backend infrastructure is split into several major components including data calculations (crunching user data), data rendering, application business logic, and other traditional MVC components. The majority of our applications and services are built using Node.js, Typescript, PHP and .NET. PostgreSQL is used for our main database and our data warehouse. Our warehouse is growing rapidly and loading, transforming, and calculating the data is becoming more and more challenging. We believe the experience of a skilled engineer can give us the extra boost in these areas.
As our needs evolve, we keep exploring new tools and ideas and love working alongside people who are willing to try new things. Mentoring, code reviews, writing tests, and engaging in blameless postmortems are only some of our core engineering principles. We celebrate achievements, encourage personal growth, structure knowledge sharing, and have fun doing it all.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer who feels good wearing many hats. The ideal candidate for this role is a self-starter who is willing to jump headfirst into the codebase and begin making improvements immediately.
Od kandidatov zahtevamo
- 4+ years of experience with PHP and/or Java EE in production applications
- Experience with Java EE development, generics, JPA, Hibernate, REST, and Maven/Gradle
- Experience working with at least one relational database (preferably PostgreSQL)
- A solid understanding of OO and MVC design principles, RESTful APIs, caching concepts, the HTTP protocol, and general web architecture
- Ability to write clear and concise code that your teammates can understand and build upon
- Ability to write efficient code that performs at scale
- Ability to own and build independent services
- Ability to learn quickly, take initiative, work independently and handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
- Ability to detect and find solutions to tech debt and performance problems
- Experience using Git or another version of control software
Nice to have
- Big Data or Analytics experience
- Experience with subscription platforms and/or payment processors (Stripe)
- Contributions to open-source projects or personal projects
We encourage our employees to challenge themselves, learn from each other, grow in their roles, and balance their work with life. We offer competitive compensation, an opportunity for personal and professional development, and a positive team atmosphere.
Databox is a remote-friendly company with over 100 team members working across the globe. This position, however, is best suitable for a candidate located near Ptuj, Slovenia, with the possibility of working from home a few times per week.
If you think we might be a match, send us your CV and a short explanation of why you think you are the right person for this position.
Klasifikacija delovnega mesta
- Ptuj, Slovenija
- od 2000 EUR / mesec
- Delovni čas:
- redna zaposlitev
- See section The Skills
- napredno znanje