DevOps Engineer @ Celtra d.o.o.
- objavljeno ::
Opis delovnega mesta
1. Who are we searching for?
We are looking for an infrastructure engineer (DevOps / SRE) to help us manage, grow and scale our infrastructure for both (CA and CE) products. We are looking for a motivated, constantly-learning engineer who understands how modern cloud native infrastructure works.
2. What would be your responsibilities?
- You will be part of our DevOps team, which is responsible for our product’s availability, latency, performance, efficiency, monitoring, emergency response and capacity planning. Your responsibility will be:
-Design, develop and maintain software that handles deploying, scaling and monitoring of our products.
- Establish design patterns and best practices for building new product features in a scalable and reliable way.
- Verify and help developers apply those patterns and participate in early stages of feature design, when needed.
- On-call a portion of your time to get your hands dirty and gain experience.
- Production environment is something you care about and willing to share with developers to diagnose issues and hunt down elusive bugs.
- SLA is your law, uptime objectives are met by participating in controlling the risks and rate of change in collaboration with the QA team.
3. What are the challenges ahead?
- We are facing many tech challenges ahead. Our application is a giant beast which is deployed multiple times per week. We are working towards having multiple deploys per day, basically for every code change landing in the master branch.
- Besides that we want our developers to be productive and spend more time on features and less on hitting infrastructure caused roadblock. Currently, our DevOps team is responsible for our software that is up and running under provided SLA constraints. As software complexity grows, handling incidents becomes harder because of lack of domain knowledge. We are working towards delegating ownership to individual dev teams who will become responsible and capable of handling incident and customer facing issues in production at any time.
4. What kind of infrastructure stack do we have?
-We are full on Kubernetes (k8s) and are running our infrastructure in AWS cloud. Our application is containerized in Docker and deployed on k8s cluster. Our application mainly consist of:
- hundreds of services scaled automatically,
- tens of real-time services handling hundreds of millions requests every minute,
- tens of different databases, like MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, PostgresDB,
- monitoring services, like Prometheus, Grafana, ...
Our infrastructure is mostly templatized using Terraform and AWS CloudFormation. Some parts of infrastructure and custom scripts are also written in Python.
Od kandidatov zahtevamo
1. Our expectations
- You have strong troubleshooting skills. You are not afraid to parse logs, look at machine metrics or go deep into the code to understand what went wrong. You do not jump to conclusions, but act based on facts and evidence.
- You are dedicated to dig deep. You also don't stop at the first solution, but are willing to go beyond and check the source code of frameworks and understand them as you know that a small change can make a huge difference in the end.
- You care about clean code. You write high-quality, maintainable code and are aware of industry best practices and trends. You proactively identify possible technical issues before it turns into long-term problems, and you encourage others to do the same. We always do code reviews to provide feedback and ensure code quality.
- You are a team player. You work well in the team, are willing to share the knowledge, and want to help others as you know only a strong team can succeed.
2. Our qualifications
- Have at least 2 years of experience with developing/managing infrastructure using modern development processes.
- Have experience with one of OOP languages such as, PHP, Python, Golang, etc.
- Have understanding and experience with relational databases (e.g., MySQL) or No-SQL databases (e.g., Mongo).
- Experience with debugging and profiling in a production environment.
- Willingness to learn, and help us learn too.
- Be fluent in written and spoken English.
3. We appreciate:
- A big plus is some interest in or have experience with cloud computing (AWS, Google Azure …).
- Experience with Kubernetes and containerization in production environments.
- B.Sc. or higher in Computer Science or a related field
- Be open to collaborating in the tech community.
In Celtra it is all about looking beyond the surface, beyond the numbers, and really trying to see the qualities that are at the core of each person, their talents; the discovered ones or better still, the undiscovered ones. We look for people who naturally want to take responsibility for their own success, and strive to do something that has a tangible impact. To our best talent, we give them the freedom to do the unusual.
Here is what we offer in general:
- A competitive benefits and compensation package.
- We place great importance on the professional development of our employees.
- Comprehensive health coverage and additional pension insurance.
- We provide plenty of opportunities for employees to seek a more active and healthy lifestyle. We provide a dedicated budget for any kind of sport activities employees are passionate about, and we sponsor group sports activities such as basketball and yoga lessons.
- We provide employees with top-notch working equipment and an additional budget for your home office.
You can apply via: https://celtra.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0uasp/
Klasifikacija delovnega mesta
- Ljubljana / Remote
- 3000 - 4000 EUR gross per month + 13% -15% bonus (fixed) for mid-level and 4000 - 5000 EUR gross per month for senior engineers + bonus 15%-17% of yearly gross salary EUR EUR / mesec
- Delovni čas:
- redna zaposlitev
- OOP languages such as, PHP, Python, Golang
- understading of relational databases (e.g., MySQL) or No-SQL databases (e.g., Mongo)
Celtra is an ad-tech company that develops enterprise software for automating and scaling the production of marketing content. In the past years, Celtra has built two world-class products, Creative Enablement (CE) & Creative Automation (CA).
Creative Enablement is already a growing market leader for a couple of years, helping companies such as CNN, TripAdvisor, Bloomberg, NBCU, ... to enable creativity and improve the quality of their advertising inventory. Our technology enables customers to generate and serve thousands of ads in seconds. Celtra's younger CA product is chasing a much bigger opportunity by helping brands make content creation better, faster, and more efficient. It is still in the early days of development and lots of features need to be developed, but it already has an impressive list of customers such as Spotify, adidas, Shopify, Unilever, P&G Lululemon.
Our global team is a collection of talented individuals with unique backgrounds but in Ljubljana we are mostly focusing our efforts on building and growing a talented and innovative product development team. A lot has happened since Celtra launched its first creative software in 2010. Yet there is one thing that has remained constant: our passion to build software that makes content creation better, faster, and more efficient.At Celtra the end goal is to build great and quality products and make our users' life easier. We are on a journey to create something new in the creative technology space.